Sun Chemical to showcase updated broad portfolio of ink technologies at FESPA 2018
Wexham Springs, UK – 05 April 2018: Under the umbrella theme of “Brighter Ideas”, Sun Chemical will present on Stand D20, Hall 2,2 at FESPA 2018 (15-18 May in Berlin, Germany) its comprehensive portfolio of world-class inks and compatible technologies for multiple applications across the graphics, textile and industrial markets.
Highlighting the depth and breadth of its solutions as one of the world’s largest and most innovative producers of inks and a single source for all ink requirements, Sun Chemical will be demonstrating its capabilities and expertise within four zones on the stand: Graphics, Digital Textiles, Industrial and Partnerships & Technology.
For both the screen and the wide format graphic arts markets, Sun Chemical will be showcasing the following in its Graphics zone at FESPA 2018:
- Streamline – New to its range of solvent-based, alternative inkjet inks, designed for wide and super wide format printers, Streamline UML is SunChemical’s latest ink series for the wide format market and will be presented on the stand with a ‘live demonstration’ Mutoh printer. Streamline UML is colour-matched to the popular Mutoh UMS CMYK ink series, formulated from Sun Chemical’s highly successful HPQ-LO (High Print Quality – Low Odour) backbone ink chemistry platform with Greenguard Gold certification for indoor emissions. Also new to the Streamline family in response to the challenge facing many printers of managing operating costs to maintain profitability, Sun Chemical is launching the Rapide ‘value’ series solvent inks for both super wide and wide format printer platforms.
- Representatives of Streamline’s field engineering team, another key component of its customer commitment, will be available on the stand at FESPA to explain how they can improve printer productivity in the workplace.
- SunPromo™ – Experts from Sun Chemical will be on hand to discuss the SunPromo™ range of inks for a wide range of screen graphic applications.
For the digitally-printed textile market, Sun Chemical will present the following in its Digital Textiles zone:
- Sonata DTR500 – New for FESPA 2018, the Sonata DTR500 ink series has been developed for Ricoh Gen 5 printheads.
- Sonata DTE – Formulated for printers with faster twin Epson DX 6-7-TFP printheads, Sonata DTE is suitable for both transfer and direct-to-fabric printing offered. Sonata DTE is available in one litre screw-top pouches and two litre MBIS compatible pouches.
- Streamline TXT – Offered in one litre bottles, Streamline TXT is ideal for both transfer and direct-to-fabric printing using single Epson DX 4-5 generation printers.
- SunTex – Sun Chemical’s range of four textile inkjet inks optimised for Epson and Ricoh print-heads. Delivering high quality and performance, combined with improved ink consumption when compared to leading competitors, SunTex inks are formulated to enable long print orders on high speed printers. The SunTex inks meet the Oeko-Tex EcoPass certification, enabling printers to achieve the Oeko-Tex 100 printed garment certification.
- SunTex Encore – Sun Chemical’s innovative SunTex Encore pigmented textile ink series for both Epson and Ricoh Gen 5 printheads. The highly vibrant coloured Encore series utilises innovative polymer chemistry developed by DIC, Sun Chemical’s parent company, in Japan. Visitors to the stand can also see a live print demonstration using the Encore ink series. The printer will showcase the latest two litre, ink pouch system, developed to enable more efficient and cost-effective printing.
On display in the Industrial zone on Sun Chemical’s stand will be a range of products including:
- SunMotion – A viable alternative to back lit signage and LCD displays, Sun Chemical will be showcasing for the first time at FESPA a recently acquired a new innovative technology, SunMotion. Through the use of invisible ink printed onto plastic substrates that come alive when exposed to focused LED lights, SunMotion provides brand owners with alternative color and motion advertising.
- SunHytek® – Heat and humidity-resistant ink solutions (including FasciaCoat, Sun Chemical’s hardcoat varnish for dashboard fascia) for high-tech, appliance panel and automotive applications, where a combination of high visual impact and long-term durability is required. Aqueous, formable and VOC-free, FasciaCoat is a hard varnish that dries to a matte finish, minimising glare, and that has the ability to ‘self-heal’ scratches created during the production process.
- SunCarte® – High peel strength, colour consistent screen and offset inks, adhesives and varnishes for laminated plastic cards. Also on display will be products from T.LAY, which will bolster Sun Chemical’s portfolio of magnetic tapes, screen and security inks, and electronic materials for plastic and security ID cards. A global leader in pre-laid overlays and pre-patched holograms, C.T.LAY, through its joint-venture branch 4PLATE, is also experienced in lamination plates and sophisticated lamination plates with security elements and plasma coatings.
- SunPoly® – Screen inks formulated for high-speed screen printing on a variety of container substrates.
- SunTronic® – A range of advanced materials for printed electronic applications, such as printed antennae, display buss bar and transparent conductors. Offering enhanced conductivities and ultra-fine line printing, these state-of-the-art technologies combine with digital ink jet printing to deliver material solutions for applications that add functionality to packaging, labels or point of sale collateral.
- Touchcode – Sun Chemical’s smart packaging solution, Touchcode is a series of printed conductors embedded in cards, labels and packaging that interact with touchscreen enabled devices, smartphones and tablets. More cost-effective than NFC or RFID and invisible unlike barcodes or QR codes, the technology effectively ensures brand authenticity as well as brand awareness and stronger promotions.
- Nanosilver – Designed for use with industry leading inkjet and aerosol jet systems in printed electronics, Sun Chemical’s nanosilver inks deliver the industry’s best performing low temperature sintering properties. Its unique chemistry also offers long open life, superior jetting performance and compatibility with most commercial and industrial printheads. Sun Chemical’s nanosilver inks enable customers to work with one nanosilver from prototype to production.
Partnerships & Technology
Within the Partnerships & Technology zone, SunJet, the global inkjet brand of Sun Chemical, will highlight:
- The capabilities of its joint development projects with OEM partners, system integrators and printhead manufacturers through the presentation of its latest breakthrough ink chemistries and digital technologies for a broad range of market sectors including: graphics, décor, textile, industrial and packaging. The SunJet team will be available throughout the show to meet with existing and prospective partners and explore collaborative projects that will continue to push the boundaries of digital inkjet.
- SEPAREL® – DIC’s proprietary hollow fibre membrane technology for the degassing (removal of dissolved gasses) of inkjet ink, SEPAREL® delivers consistently smooth printing, reduced substrate and ink waste, shortened printer cleaning times and lower printer cleaning costs. Unlike traditional microfiltration membranes, SEPAREL® hollow fibre membranes significantly reduce inkjet ink evaporation during degasification and can degasify inkjet ink at any parts per billion (ppb) level.
For more information, please visit Sun Chemical at FESPA 2018 in Hall 2.2, Stand D20, or go to www.sunchemical.com/fespa
About Sun Chemical
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC group, is a leading producer of printing inks, coatings and supplies, pigments, polymers, liquid compounds, solid compounds, and application materials. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical has annual sales of more than $7,5 billion and over 20.000 employees supporting customers around the world.
Sun Chemical Corporation is a subsidiary of Sun Chemical Group Coöperatief U.A., the Netherlands, and is headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, U.S.A. For more information, please visit our Web site at sunchemical.com.